AABA is a friendly and inclusive association open to all alpaca owners and breeders whether you have 1 alpaca or 1000!
Benefit from a fair and affordable fee structure – AABA is a not for profit association, volunteer based and keeps costs to a minimum.
Contribute to decision-making – AABA is member-based and actively seeks and encourages participation in a friendly and supportive way.
Network within a growing association.
Access reliable information relating to alpacas through AABA’s website, Facebook page and email communications – information is shared freely by experienced breeders and owners.
Maintain your pedigrees on the sophisticated Australasian Alpaca Registry (AAR) – a database showing detailed phenotype descriptions including eye and nail colour, essential for genetic-based breeding decisions.
Understand issues at industry level – AABA represents its members and keeps them informed: industry-wide decisions remain honest, fair, and more balanced due to our contributions.
Participate in AABA’s growth and development, projects, shows, communications – YOU decide.
AABA membership has many benefits including:
* Individual memberships cover and include one associate member. This enables partners and spouses, for example, to share a membership without having to pay any additional fees.
* Membership fee includes registration of a stud name at no additional cost
* Access to the Refer A New Member Program - earn referral credits for every new member you refer to AABA to use towards your next membership renewal!
* AABA Members Newsletter
* Low AAR registration and transfer fees
* Free listing in "members listing" section of AABA website
* Access to members only documents via AABA Docs Online including copies of past newsletters, minutes of meetings, etc.
* Access to Members Only Facebook Group
* Permission to use AABA Member Logo on your website, etc.
* Membership Card
* Eligible to vote at AABA general meetings
* New Members also receive a Welcome Kit including:
* Alpaca Husbandry Calendar
* AAR Forms
* AAR Information Page
* Fleece Colour Chart
* Shearer's List
* Fleece Processors List
* Copies of AABA Constitution and Regulations
Membership is only $65 per year (plus a once off joining fee of $20). We also offer pro-rata membership rates for new members joining part way through our membership year.
New members can register or transfer alpacas on the Australasian Alpaca Register for only $5 per animal during their first 12 months of membership!
To join AABA, simply visit our online store and complete the online membership application and pay via PayPal or bank deposit!
Alternatively, you can download our Membership Application Form (PDF, 114KB), and email or post the completed application form.